The USDA National Farmers Market Directory, maintained by AMS Marketing Services, is designed to provide members of the public with convenient access to information about U.S. farmers market locations, directions, operating times, product offerings, and accepted forms of payment. Market information included in the Directory is voluntary and self-reported to AMS by market managers, representatives from State farmers market agencies and associations, and other key market personnel.
While AMS Marketing Services updates market listings in the USDA National Farmers Market Directory throughout the year on request from market stakeholders, the program also actively solicits new and updated market information from farmers market stakeholders each spring in order to keep the listings in the Directory as accurate and comprehensive as possible. Despite these efforts to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the data, there is no way to ensure that each individual farmers market listing in the Directory is completely accurate and up to date at any given point in time. To make it easier for users of the Directory search engine to evaluate the likelihood that market information provided in the Directory is still current, each market listing contains a date stamp at the bottom of the record. To avoid disappointment, users may wish to contact the listed market representative or consult the market's own website, if available, before planning a visit.
Users of this Directory search engine can also take advantage of both a national map
of farmers markets (static) and state-specific maps of farmers markets (interactive). To see a state-specific map, please select a state from the Select box at the top of the state column below, and a link will appear for that Sate's map. For additional information on how to use the Farmers Market search engine page, please select the Instruction tab at the top of the page.
For those users who are interested in obtaining copies of the entire Directory dataset, an exportable Excel file of farmers market listings is available for download by selecting the Export to Excel button at the bottom of this page. An identical version of this dataset is also available from data.gov
If you discover any market information that should be added, updated or removed from the Directory or have any additional questions, please contact our Farmers Market Directory team at email@example.com
, and we will handle your request at the earliest opportunity
How To Use the National Farmers Market Directory Search Engine:
- To filter markets by location, enter a zip code and choose a distance, then click search.
- To filter markets by market name, enter part or all of a market name in the box above the market name column and press 'Enter'.
- To filter markets by types of products carried, click the 'Products Available' tab and select individual product categories. Only markets that reported having those product categories will be displayed. (Please note that the availability of products on any given market day may shift from season to season)
- To filter markets by accepted methods of payment, click the 'Payment Accepted' tab and select one or more methods of payment. Only markets that reported accepting those methods of payment will be displayed.
- To filter markets by location type, click the 'Market Location' tab and select location types from the options listed in the pull-down menu. Only markets that reported their type of market location will be displayed.
- To filter markets by those offering winter operating hours (e.g., open at least one market day between November and March), click the 'Winter Markets' tab and select the “show only winter markets” box.
code, add optional limiting criteria below.
|Baked goods||Cheese and/or dairy products
|Crafts and/or woodworking items||Cut flowers
|Eggs||Fish and/or seafood
|Fresh and/or dried herbs||Fresh fruits and vegetables
|Honey||Canned or preserved fruits, vegetables, jams, jellies, preserves, salsas, pickles, dried fruit, etc.
|Maple syrup and/or maple products||Meat
|Nuts||Plants in containers
|Poultry||Prepared foods (for immediate consumption)
|Soap and/or body care products||Trees, shrubs
|Wine, beer, hard cider